Every year I eat my whole weight in granola. Maybe more. I don’t know. It’s an addiction I developed during my early years of childhood. It’s hard to find a granola that I don’t like. For this Christmas season, I decided to come up with a gingerbread infused Granola, which is even grain-free and contains no oats.
Usually, I prefer chocolate granola (you too? Make sure you make my Nutella Granola!) but I thought a grain-free granola with a gingerbread twist would be a great thing. Also, the mixture is coated in mashed bananas and syrup.
Not only is it really crunchy Christmasy it’s also good for you because of the great source of protein and magnesium coming from the bananas and the chia seeds and flax seeds. This on is definitely one of the best and special ones I’ve made. It sort of tastes like a rawnola but yet still crunchy This might sound strange at first but if you haven’t tried you should not judge.
Because it’s actually really great and the banana and gingerbread flavor work quite nice paired with coconut and hazelnuts 🙂
Are you going to try it?
P.S. If you like to have the labels for the granolas, you can find them here.
- 2 cups hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1½ cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup buckwheat
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F / 150°C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the two bananas with a fork
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is well combined
- Spread out evenly onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring a couple times from the 15-minute mark.
- The granola is ready when it is golden.