It is no secret that I love granola! However, store-bought granola often contains a lot of added sugar and if you go with an organic, healthy one they are often quite pricey. So if you are a granola junkie and cereal killer like me I got you covered, because this healthy 5-Ingredient Vanilla Tahini Granola will meet all of your expectations concerning flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness.
I personally love my granola with ice-cold almond milk. A bowl topped with berries and seeds and nuts is just the perfect breakfast that is filling and nourishes your body with all the vitamins it needs. While the vanilla is a flavor we all know and love, I’ve put a tropical twist on this recipe by adding flaked coconut. The coconut gets toasted and crunchy in the oven and ahhh that smell once you take the mix out of the oven! Hello, Island feeling!
Of course, you can not only have this as a scrumptious breakfast but also pure as a snack or as ice cream topping or over smoothie bowls. The recipe is ridiculously simple and fast to make, that I started doing it at least once a week. It has only 5 main ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time.
Make sure you use gluten-free oats if you have problems with gluten. Otherwise „normal“ rolled oats are fine to use in this recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Optional: a handful of cashews and pistachios
- Add the oats, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, and vanilla extract to a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Take out ½ of the mixture and put it into another bowl.
- Add the Tahini to the other half that is still in the food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- Add the other half of the mix back into the bowl and add the maple syrup and sea salt and stir well to combine.
- Pour the granola mix out onto a paper lined baking tray and bake in a 340F (170 Celcius) oven for 20-25 minutes.
- (Add cashews, pistachios or dried berries if you want)
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week