One thing we all know from Instagram is that smoothie bowls have become of the biggest breakfast trends out there. You see them in any color, variations, always packed with nutritious fruits and superfoods. In todays post, I like to show you have to make an absolutely delicious, nutritious smoothie bowl. This version with berries and banana and some superpower (more below) tastes like something so sinful and sweet it’s hard to believe it’s actually super healthy. Definitely a win breakfast for me.
Of course, you can make your smoothie with simple fruits, your choice of milk or yogurt and that’s it. Whenever I make a smoothie, I fell like this is the perfect opportunity to sneak in some extra boosters and vitamins. At the moment chia seeds and flax seed meal are my favorite things to pimp my smoothie with.
Did you know that both of them are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B complex vitamins, calcium, manganese, magnesium and fibre? Further, these little helpers are great prebiotics and nourish our good gut bacteria. I was quite impressed as I learned that they are one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, developing anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup greek yogurt (I used a vanilla flavored one)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ½ pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground flax seed meal
- Soak the chia seeds and the flax meal in water for about 5 minutes
- Blend the frozen fruits with the banana, greek yogurt, vanilla and maca powder until smooth.
- Add the soaked chia seeds and flax seed meal and continue mixing on low speed
- Transfer to a bowl and top with more fruits, coconut
flakesand activated quinoa.