I actually didn’t want to share this with you because I posted this recipe that is quite similar to what I made here.
This one is still a little bit different as I call it an extra chocolatey vegan banana bread. The changes are really little and I like both versions. But since so many of you asked how I exactly made it, I thought sharing it here would be beneficial for everyone.
So concerning the changes, I simply added one mini banana more, a little bit of almond flour and 1 tbsp of cacao powder.
One thing I REALLY like about the cake is that it tastes so sweet because of all the bananas, so you don’t need to add a lot of sugar. In fact, I just added 1/3 cup agave syrup and of course the chocolate chips.
I hope you guys having fun creating this recipe and please let me know and text me, mail me, tag me @vanillacrunnch on Instagram if you want me to share your remake.
Chocolate mouth kisses,
- 4 (or 5 small) bananas, mashed
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- 1tbs chia seeds mixed with 3tbs water
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs
- ⅓ + 2 tbsp cup dark chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup spelt flour (I used a gluten-free one, whole wheat works as well)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1tbs baking powder
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- a dash of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180°)
- Combine the mashed bananas, coconut oil, agave and the chia seed water mixture into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and the baking powder
- Take about ⅓ of the batter and mix it with the coconut milk, the cacao powder, chopped chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour the plain batter into a lined loaf tin and top with the chocolate half. Take a knife and “cut” trough the batter a couple of times to create a marbled effect.
- Top with sliced bananas
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a bit before slicing.
- Serve warm with homemade Nutella